Life in the "Bible Belt"
I've noticed that live in St. Louis is very different than what I'm used too. I just assumed cuz there's a whole lot of black folks here, it would be the same. WHY I assumed that, I'll never know. It's NOT the same. Even the Whole Foods are different (which is saying alot). There aren't hardly ANY holistic or naturalpathic medical doctors or centers. There are not places (like the Berkeley, CA flea market) to buy stuff like shea butter, hand made african crafts (like drums, masks, garments). Midwives are ILLEGAL in this state *looking into camera* There are not many cultural events (and we LIVE in the dayum CITY). There are no (except ONE) african-centered schools (public or private). There are only about 5 REAL natural food grocers but they're no bigger than a corner store. . . . . *sigh* I guess it could go on but why bother. I don't know maybe I'm just missing home. Oh and WHY is raw milk illegal to sell in stores in this state? I mean really? It's like regular sh*t is illegal here. *chuckle* Well I can say that forest park is nice. I actually really like that park and since we only live a few minutes away, that's a PLUS.
Okay, now that "negative nelly" has left the building, moving on. *chuckle* The DOD seem to like it here as well as my Hunny. I'm guessing I'm the only one complaining, everybody else is satisfied. I did find a really cool hair shop. The women there a great. And I'm also a member of the local mocha mom chapter and I totally love the women in that group as well. So I guess all is not lost. Maybe I'm just hormonal *shrug*
Anyway, I'ma close with an "old" family photo (courtesy of a bored valet) *chuckle*
*smoochies* Mamma Alyson
Labels: Saint Louis
3 Comments:
At 8:44 AM, October 31, 2008,
Carmell said…
yeah i meant to tell you that the other day when i talked to you about the midwifery... stupid i know. well i hate it here too so we can hate it together!!!
At 9:37 PM, November 04, 2008,
Bliss said…
uh, yeah, okay...
now i'm looking at the camera.
why you worried about a midwife?
chile come on and move by us. we can walk to trader joe's, we get organic produce delivered right to the door for a reasonable price, baby bliss loves to babysit, AND midwives are legal here! :o)
At 1:57 PM, November 12, 2008,
Shelly- Mom Files said…
I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry for your loss but God bless you for having such a beautiful family! Your girls are just as sweet as can be!
Post a Comment
<< Home